Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Craftsy launch Tuesday, November 4!

How would you like to work in a place like this?

photo: Craftsy

Yes, there are people who actually have jobs like this ... over 200 of them!  It's in a place called, "Denver," which has the distinction of being a "mile high" up in the sky and to being home of Craftsy where you can ...

photo: Craftsy 

I learned of Craftsy in July when an email appeared in my inbox announcing a class. What caught my eye was their great graphic artwork!  I went to the site and thought, "Hey, what's this?"  The wheels started turning and before long I was sending a email saying, "Wouldn't you like to offer an enameling class?"   A few days later came a response, "Of course we would!"

The detail to which Craftsy produces a class is like nothing I've ever experienced before.  I had two lengthy conversations with Grace, their acquisitions editor, where we discussed the content of the class.  I submitted a formal class proposal backed-up with photographs. A contract was signed and I was passed off to my producer, Amana.  

Over the few weeks, Amana and I talked on the phone for 4 hours, going over the class outline.  Because I was teaching in Denver in late August and the filming was scheduled for mid-September, Amana came and spent several hours observing the workshop and reading my first book.  Her intent, before filming, was to know as much about my topic as a student leaving a workshop.  She sure accomplished her goal.

What I guess I'm trying to say is that Craftsy's preparation through all phases of the class development, starting with their interactions with the instructor,  insures that you have a great learning experience.  


photo: Craftsy

The launch of the class is Tuesday, November 4.  Please visit my blog every day until then because I'll be posting more information about my experience, what you can expect to learn in my class, and information about the learning powerhouse known as "Craftsy!"  And, guess what?  We'll be having a class giveaway!  So, come back for the next episode ... "Craftsy: How it All Began."

No comments: