At the urging of friends, I gathered the tools together to offer a torch-firing kit at a reduced price on my website. This is by far the best deal ... a wonderful Christmas gift for the jewelry artist or enamelist. Priced at $104.00, the Torch-Firing Kit is valued at $118.00. You'll have everything you need to enamel beads and other jewelry pieces, including pendants and charms, using the immersion method ... which is the fastest and safest technique for torch-fired enameling. You'll be learning the very same method I teach in workshops where students enamel over 50 beads and several pendants in an afternoon!
The kit includes the following items and priority mail shipping:
- a handy self-igniting torch, which you'll use with map gas
- a hose clamp ... that slotted metal band in the photo
- an angle bracket
- the indispensable bead pulling station
- bread pan
- four mandrels
- several metal beads to get you started
- 3 oz. each of Robin's Egg Blue, Nile Green (transparent), and White (or Nut). I'll send White unless you specify Nut in the comments section when you check out.
- the Painting with Fire tutorial, which will be emailed to you so you can start studying and be ready when your kit arrives by priority mail!
The only additional things you'll need to purchase are two C-clamps and the 1 lb. canister of map gas.
So you're wondering ... "What made her select those enamel colors?" Well, I'll tell you. Robin's Egg on its own is beautiful, when you add Nile Green (transparent) on top, you get a gorgeous turquoise, Nile Green (transparent) over White gives you a color I call Aqua Ice ... on top of Nut, you'll get Dusty Aqua. For an investment in a few colors, you'll get a beautiful color range. Three ounces is what you'll need to totally immerse your bead in enamel ... and will last you quite a long while.