Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Bridesmaids' Jewelry!

I spent the last couple of days finishing up these bracelets for 9 bridesmaids, a bride, a mother of the bride, a mother of the groom, and a flower girl!  Whew!  I started off enameling a filigree bracelet, similar to the one that's in Belle Armoire Jewelry in the current issue ... but then my thoughts shifted.  "Hey, I know how to make ceramic decals!" 

These one-size bracelets were perfect because I haven't met the girls.  People come in all sizes ... as should their jewelry.  

The Davis-Jori Wedding Party!
You'll notice a little oopsie at the lower righthand corner ... which I spotted as I was downloading the photos last night.  Fortunately, I caught it in time!  

Here's Ashley's bracelet ... 

The Bride's Bracelet!

The teachers who were at the Meet the Teachers event at Bead and Button all received a gift from Swarovski.  I think I've mentioned before that I'm not a big fan of crystals.  Drum roll!  I've changed my mind!  The colors of these crystals were so vintage, they were perfect for the bracelet.  A couple of pieces of lace from my mother's wedding dress added a touch of nostalgia. A blue crystal helped to honor the practice of the "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" part of the wedding tradition. 

My daughter's fiance, Matt, had the suggestion that if I included a few extra baubles on each bracelet, the bridesmaids could, at a later date, remove the decal discs and continue to wear the bracelet. Good thinkin', Matt! 

The wedding is this Saturday. Do you think I waited 'til the last minute?

8 comments:

April said...

They are beautiful! They will be an amazing shimmer of beauty on their wedding day. I make jewerly, but I have no idea how to enamel, or how to make ceramic decals. You may have waited a little last minute, but I'm sure you've had so much else to do with the wedding! I'm sure it'll be a gorgeous day.

hugs! april

Kim Stevens said...

These are fabulous Barbara!!

Cyndi J said...

The bracelets are lovely. I like that they are all a bit different while still having the same flavor.

Sweet Freedom said...

What wonderful mementos!

Marina said...

I would love to know (if possible) how you made the decal discs. They are soooo cute. Willing to pay for a tute :)

Penny said...

Could you please tell us what the Swarovski beads called? They have such a huge line its easy to get confused. Thanks!

Patti said...

Hello Barbara, I absolutely LOVE your work!! Is there anywhere that I can purchase your work? Thanks!

Autumn Blues Reviews said...

Love! Love! Love these! Such awesomeness. Thanks for sharing and congrats to your daughter!