Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Forging Ahead Workshop at Bead and Button Show

Yesterday was Day 3 of the workshops and I can't wait to get home to the studio ... I'm so inspired by my students.  They're geniuses!  These photos are from the Forging Ahead Workshop where we change the shape of round beads.  The discoveries that students make when torch firing enamel is mind-boggling!  The color combinations, metallic fuming of beads, unexpected explosions of color ... I'm so ready to play!  Plus, my face hurt by the end of the day from laughing so much.  Every time someone would show me something cool ... which was a lot ... I'd say, "Yeah, I'm copying that!  It's going in the book!"  ( shhh, they think I'm kidding! ) and we'd all laugh.  I told them the credits was going to be a chapter long!  What a great group of gals!  























Today is the final workshop ... on Day 4 we Soar!!!! Decals, birdhouses, and flowers!



4 comments:

Carol Dee, CZT said...

Looks like so much fun! I want some dots like the awesome bead in first picture!

Creative Arty Facts said...

Damn this geographic separation! Wish i was a bit closer Barbara - looks like you guys are having 'my kind of fun' ...

glaudius said...

It looks like your students are very talented. Humbling! The beads on the first picture are really extraordinary.

Barbara Lewis said...

Thank you everyone! I always love seeing the sparks of creativity fly!