- the Painting with Fire technique of enameling ... there's nothing cooler than that because it's so fast, affordable, easy and safe. We'll enamel most of the pieces we'll be using in our bracelet, but you can bring special beads of your own with holes that can accommodate 14-gauge wire.
- how to forge round copper beads into square or rectangular shapes during the enameling process.
- how to apply millefiori, lump enamel, and cat whiskers to a copper disc while the piece is on the mandrel. Take a look at this post for how we'll do that.
- how to make this cool link, which you can use as your focal instead of the millefiori disc, if you'd like.
- to use some of these materials to make a bracelet, and
- how to make an S-clasp!
|The dedication page of my book showing the bracelet with the link option!|
|The millefiori focal as an option.|
|Examples of forged beads|
I'll be offering this workshop at:
Bead Fest Philadelphia, Saturday, August 20 from 8:30 to 4 p.m., Workshop #2633
Art and Soul, Portland, Tuesday, September 27 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Hope to see you there!