Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I promised you a preview ...

I promised you a preview of enamel artworks for the To Bead True Blue and Tucson Bead Shows that will be looking for a new home.  I know there's somebody out there who will take them in ... they don't take up much space and eat very little!

This is a decal fired onto an enamel pendant.  It has a clear coat of enamel over the surface which means the imagery is permanent ... which is always a good thing!

"Your House or Mine"

More decals ... I really like this ... the chintz one is a project in the book.  Clear enamel on top protects the decal. 



  These are fun and the colors can be wild and crazy ... only limited by your imagination! 



Fused and reticulated sterling on top of an etched copper pendant.  The white is liquid enamel that has been etched to a soft matte surface.  



"Grunge" is what I should call this series.  I love this organic, natural look.   Adjusting the flame and controlled overfiring is how we get this look. 



"Grunge," detail

Look at the difference a reduced flame makes.  One is bright and clear, the other is muted and soft. 



Little sayings from a 1935 Montgomery Ward catalog. 



This one's for Nancy Schindler, my Bead Soup Blog Party Partner ... that's a lot of words ... if I don't have them in the right order, forgive me!



Love this one ... it's sweet, but not tooo sweet!




Detail of Sweet!


The Queen and Eye

That's it for now ...  I have to get back to work in the studio.  Enough playing on the computer ... for now!  See you later ...



11 comments:

Vintajia Adornments said...

What a fabulous variety Barbara!
Love the grunge pendant.
All the best for your workshop which I am sure will be a great success

Malin de Koning said...

All wonderful things!
I also fell for the grunge one.

Judy said...

The decals are so cool, I just love the eye! The grunge and the sweet pendant are so cool and the texture is awesome! Your rock Miss Barbara!!

KristiBowmanDesign said...

I love what the reduced flame does, I hope I can get in to 3 of yoru Portland classes to learn this among other things.

Michele Lynch Art said...

Oh MY! Ton's of eye candy here!! Love it all, I couldn't pick a favorite! I loved the grunge, but then loved the saying...oh and the queen and the eye...nope I can't pick a favorite! They are all wonderful! xo Michele

stregata said...

Drool! Love the ones with the decals! And just generally loving the variety of styles. Do you explain how to do the decals in your book?

steufel said...

Cool, cool, cool! I especially drool over sweet!

Laura Twiford said...

All Wonderful pieces Barbara, you should do great at the show! I especially love the queen and the eye decals. The closeup of sweet is gorgeous, love the way the colors break and blend.

Lori P said...

Gorgeous! I'm particularly in love with the top "your cage or mine?" pendant.

Diane said...

Super work Barbara! Thanks for taking the time to share =)

Pretty Things said...

Wow, you've branched out so much!!!